Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Meme yes, nap no

I am listening to the girl talk and sing to herself in the next room. She is in bed (read, bouncing around the room) and doing her best not to fall asleep. Naps are her enemy, and she occassionally wins. The cold she and I are fighting makes her grumpy and needy, but she isn't getting the exercise she needs to conk out. So she is getting some enforced room time that is about to expire. It's a shame. I could use a nap myself, but I can't sleep with her singing.

So, here's a meme I stole from hideehogal. For those of you who don't know how a meme works, if you read it, you do it for yourself and post the results. The basics of this one involve just completing the sentence. I added some reasons in there for fun.

I am meme:
If I were a stone, I would be... limestone. Not the best looking, but dependable to build with.
If I were a tree, I would be a... silver maple. Again, my best isn't obvious at first glance.
If I were a bird, I would be a... raven. Kinda sneaky.
If I were an insect, I would be a... caterpillar. Fuzzy.
If I were a machine, I would be a... all naughty jokes aside; an old truck.
If I were a tool, I would be a... Phillips screwdriver. Nothing fancy but essential.
If I were a fruit, I would be a... peach. Fuzzy and sweet!
If I were a flower, I would be ... columbine.
If I were a kind of weather, I would be... a crisp breeze.
If I were a mythical creature, I would be a... ancient wizard.
If I were a musical instrument, I would be a... cello. Oddly enough, it's one I don't play.
If I were a kind of profession, I would be... a life coach. I do that quite a bit, I think.
If I were an animal, I would be a... bear.
If I were anything in the world, I would be... a mountain.
If I were a color, I would be... grey.
If I were a fragrance, I would be...cookies. Everyone likes the smell of cookies, right?
If I were an emotion, I would be... comforted. I am the best when I can bring this to my girl.
If I were a state or feeling, I would be... peaceful.
If I were a sound, I would be....a contented sigh.
If I were an Element, I would be... oxygen. Not always on the front of your mind, but just try to get by without me!

2 comments:

duff said...

i'm still working my way through ireland over on random musings, but if i get hard up for a topic afterwards, i reserve the right to come back here and copy my answers onto my blog.... (minus the caps, of course)

If I were a stone, I would be...
labradorite- grey and boring upon first glance, but really quite colorful in the right light

If I were a tree, I would be a...
one of these funky trees we saw in ireland. our tour guide called them "monkey puzzle trees". i should probably google that and find out what they're really called.

If I were a bird, I would be a...
i'm not sure, but now i've got "i believe i can fly" by r. kelly stck in my head.

If I were an insect, I would be a...firefly. i mean, really- who doesn't want a butt that lights up?

If I were a machine, I would be a...are we talking simple machines or complex?

If I were a tool, I would be a... wait- who you callin' a tool?

If I were a fruit, I would be a... peach....which prince album was that, again?

If I were a flower, I would be ... hrmmmm....let's go with tigerlily this evening.

If I were a kind of weather, I would be... electrical storm at night.


If I were a mythical creature, I would be a... you know that worm from the labyrinth? i don't know if he counts as "mythical", really, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.


If I were a musical instrument, I would be a... bass guitar.

If I were a kind of profession, I would be... a librarian...both because i love books, and because of that whole "mild-mannered as long as the glasses are on and the hair's up in a bun, but once the glasses come off and hair's down you can't be sure what you're in for" thing.

(gotta cut down on my movie-watching)

If I were an animal, I would be a... koala bear

If I were anything in the world, I would be... a waterfall

If I were a color, I would be... aqua

If I were a fragrance, I would be...rain..and not of the acid variety

If I were an emotion, I would be... amused

If I were a state or feeling, I would be... state? i'm going with rhode island- nobody ever picks that one.

If I were a sound, I would be....a giggle.

If I were an Element, I would be... are we going with the periodic table, or an element in the fire/water/air/earth sense? i can go either way- just don't turn me into one of those ugly, boxy hondas.

The Rover said...

You do know I play bass guitar, right? And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...