Monday, August 6, 2007

Cheap therapy...

I was having a frustrating day. I discovered that my new hopes of starting in on a Master's degree have to wait a year until I establish Texas residency. And I can't apply for teaching jobs here because my certification is lost somewhere in the pile of crap that remains in the garage since the move. I had started getting hopeful, which was a definite mistake.

So, I decided to tackle a job that I could complete. First, I found a stud in the ceiling by my favorite method: hammer and nail. Then, I drilled a hole using my power drill. POWERTOOLS RULE!!!! I then took a big utility hook and screwed it into the stud. Sure, it's against my lease. But right now my care level for such things is dialed in at about a -3.

The final result; a perfect place to hang the Snotter Daughter's souvenir from Mexico. Now, I need a little rope to adjust the height a wee bit...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Who needs a masters degree when you have power tools, honestly?!?!