Saturday, March 3, 2007

Limping...


So here is the problem. A few weeks back, I herniated two disks in my back. Same story as 5 years ago. No specific injury or incident. All of a sudden, I couldn't walk. Immense pain that crippled me for a week. Then the pain let off, and left me with some sciatic issues. Half of my left leg is subject to bursts of immense pain. The other half is constantly numb, including my left foot.

Last week I had an epidural injection of cortizone. That's a big ass needle shooting steroids into my spinal space. It hurt, and so far has done nothing. The good news is, it's the first in a series of three. Oh, shit. That's the good news.

I am praying desparately that this doesn't mean surgery, but that little floating chunk is taunting me... like it knows how much I want to rip it out and start riding a bike.

No comments: