Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mexico bound...

That's right. The vacation dreamed of for the last couple of years is about to occur. It is disturbingly complicated in its execution. We are flying one grandparent to pick up El Toddler Grande and take her back to Colorado. Then when the vacation is finished, we will fly another grandparent back with La Hija del Fuego to Texas. That is three round trip tickets just for babysitting. Damn.

The upside is, Dr. Wife and I will be surrounded by some of our best friends in scenic Puerto Morelos, a tiny fishing village between Cancun and Play del Carmen. Add tequila, snorkeling mask, and a little sight seeing. It should be a good week.

The tiny little village has what they call an "internet cafe." I will blog some from the road, if time permits. Maybe even a picture or two.

Until I depart, go ahead and give me some advice for the trip (other than not drinking the water). Go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI- EVERYONE! will know you are a tourist. Watch out for the "mexican salesman". They are brutal and especially the shoe shiners. I know, I know- a little spanish man with shoe shine and a towel doesn't sound too scary, but they can talk you into things you've never even thought of. I say this having the knowledge of a trip to Mexico in high school and the pain that is my memories.

hideehogal said...

Ooooh...talk about the food.

And enjoy it. You all deserve more than a little R&R.