Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fragment #1

It's been a blogtastic couple of days, so I will break it into little chunks. Hopefully, I will give these little views their due.

But first, let's paint a picture in your mind of the writer, and what the world around me is. First, rain. More flooding, but we're undamaged. It does leave Miss Neverpoop and I stranded a little more, as it isn't safe to drive these streets during the flash flooding. Then, the lack of poop. It has been more than a week, which means it was time for another dose of suppository glycerine.

Please tell me why my daughter holds in her poop until it hurts her. Please? After giving her the medicine, she looked at me and said, "Daddy, you weren't very careful with my body. You gave me an owie on my poopy hole. You need to be more careful with me." I am an awful, wretched creature.

She still is holding it in, but she and Dr. Wife have drifted off to sleep in a little cuddled mass in bed. Thanks to the glycerine, it will only be a matter of time before she unplugs, and her body mass drops by half.

So I am listening to the rain bursts roll through, watching some mindless TV, drinking bourbon and trying to forget that I hurt my little girl tonight. I know, following doctor's orders and all. But damn, her little face cuddling up to me, wondering why we had to do that...

In the next installment, I will tell you about Sammy's first movie at a theatre last week, and her opinion of Ratatouille.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

She will thank you for it when she is old enough to understand. This would make a great story to tell in front of her first boyfriend by the way... Just before you place them both in orange jumpsuits that can only be opened by you.

Vimineous said...

I have a feeling that this problem will pass eventually. Part of me is envious Though. Frankly putting medicinal bullets up the poop chute is just something that some of us just get used to. Besides she may end up doing this to you when you get old. So don't beat yourself up dude.