Thursday, May 3, 2007

The man behind the curtain

The haggle for a new car for Dr. Wife is in full swing. It is stressful as hell...

"Let's not talk totals... let's talk monthly payments..."

"Let me go speak with the manager and see how these numbers look..."

"I will have to tell you, this is good news for you..."

It's all a bunch of smoke, mirrors, and hogwash. Luckily, we happen to be good with numbers. Like the pope is good with prayer, we are good with numbers. So we aren't taken in by much. After two hours of haggling, we are now waiting for loan approval tomorrow. Hopefully, a new Mazda 3 is in our immediate future.

It really is a sick little dance. They try not to let us know the numbers they want to hide, and we try not to agree to jack shit. Then they get our money and we get a car. Strange little business, and stressful as hell. I think I need a drink.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, we just bought a Mazda6 last week- we love it so far. We got an 06 off the lot new and really saved some money. Anyways- just thought I'd say good luck- we really enjoy the mazda.

duff said...

remind me to tell you sometime about the one and only time i've ever bought a car.

or maybe you should just remind me to put it in that best-selling autobiography i'll get around to writing one day......