Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kalamazoo

Our stay in KC was just long enough to see my folks and have to hide under some stairs from a tornado. The brief stay in Ankany, Iowa was delightful and without trouble. All that remained from there was to drive 9 hours through Chicago to Kalamazoo.

Oh, Chicago, how you taunt me with your delicious food and rich culture, only to turn on me and shut down a major highway, leaving me sitting still on I-80 for 3 hours, only to reroute me in the wrong direction for another 2 hours!

Doing the math, you can see that we did not make it to our apartment in time, nor was I able to get my truck as expected. Instead, we spent a night at a hotel.

Despite that, we are now into our apartment. It is so full of boxes we can't walk. It is insane how much crap we have. It will take me a week to unpack, even working 12 hours a day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

keep your chin up brother - all you need to do is find the box with the scotch in it and you'll be fine...

GenZod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.