Sunday, November 11, 2007

Antischmacterial

7:15 a.m., just 4.5 hours after falling asleep after a blues gig. The room is still dark and I am still asleep.

daughter: "Don't worry, Daddy, I got it out."
me: "That's nice dear."
daughter: "Yeah, you're still asleep, so I just did it myself."

drip. drip. drip.
I awaken and look into the proud face of my self-dressed daughter. She is holding a roll of toilet paper. It is thoroughly soaked. And dripping on the floor. And down her arm.

daughter: "Yeah, it fell in the toilet."
me: "So you reached in and got it, huh?"
daughter: "Yeah, but I was already done with it, so that's okay."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a resourceful youngling.

and brilliant, too. she's increasing the viability of her genetic stock instead of reducing her suitability for the propagation of the species.

rule.

duff said...

thank goodness it wasn't your toothbrush instead......