Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Scooz me

Thursday night I worked late. Another round of parent teacher conferences. And although it was a useful night, I was glad to come home to find a cheerful hopping daughter. We popped some popcorn, I fixed Grandma a margarita, fired up some Winnie "El Pooh", and sat with The Tiny Wonder for some snuggle time.

It was all cute peaceful Daddy-time until the potty break began. Tiny feet raced to the potty with cries of "I don't need help!" I waited. Actions occurred appropriately, but no child emerged. Instead, I heard a tiny, fake fart.

"PBBT." *giggles*

More farts. *cackles*

More variety and volume. *intense chuckles*

Pretty soon the bathroom was echoing with a continuous roll of fart-laugh-slobber. It lasted 10 minutes while my mother and I just shook our heads in silent recognition of a dominant gene rearing its clown-wigged head.

Dad: "Come on, honey, it's time to get ready for bed."
Daughter: "But I need to tooty some more."
Dad: "I think you've done a pretty good job already."
Daughter: "Oh. Scooz me. *giggles*"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear the fart sounds are genetic. How is the little tooter? And Grandma? We miss you guys. Happy Halloween!

duff said...

ah, yes. never underestimate the comedic power of a fart, whether real or staged.

you have no idea how many dinners during my childhood were ended, or interrupted, at the very least, by flatulence.

wow- now you know waaaaay too much about me.