Friday, June 29, 2007

Prime again

I turned 31 today. Last year I spent the birthday soaking my feet in a wading pool on the porch while drinking cheap beer out of the cooler (softball leftovers). This year, I took my daughter to the gymnastics and dance academy for open gym, spent the afternoon trying not to clean the house, and playing play-doh fun factory. Another daddy birthday. Where are the strippers? The debauchery and hilarity? Well, none of that. Just a little fattening food.

The day did have a very bright side to it. I finally got to meet the family foretold to me by Mr. and Mrs. No-Hair oh so long ago. We had dinner with The Crazy Mexicans. Who, despite the nickname, were not crazy. They just have a two year old. That qualifies anyone as slightly insane, though they were as genuine and down to earth as you could ever ask for. I feel more at home tonight than I have felt since coming to Texas. I feel adopted by some great people.

My wife fell asleep while putting my daughter to bed. This is probably a 70% of the time occurrence. I suppose that means I get to dive into the book she got me for my birthday, The Gates of the Alamo. Not a bad ending for the day, though I will admit to having my goals set a little... differently... ;)

5 comments:

duff said...

what- no personal post-soak foot massage performed by busty strippers?

if i were you, i'd feel..... cheated.

The Rover said...

I'm really more of a butt man, but I do feel a little cheated. I will just have to content myself with scotch.

Oh, scotch, you always say happy birthday in just the right way...

FTWinsor said...

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Happy birthday, my man!

Vimineous said...

Happy Birthday Dude

May a bootylicious busty stripper, bring you a chilled glass of scotch. But just remember, elephants poop too.

hideehogal said...

And happy "days-late-dollars-short" birthday from the Neffs, too.

Word to Weary Wife syndrome. :/