Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Unclean Thoughts

I am often slow to adopt trends, fearing the fairweather purchase and fad item accumulation. But one trend in society that I immediately got behind is bacon. Sweet, salty, crispy, hot, bacon. The food, not the Kevin (though he is delicious to some, I'm sure).

Why bacon? Bacon is more than a food. It is a food that you add to other foods to make them better.



Potatoes? Bacon Bits. Chicken livers? Rumaki. Cheeseburgers? Bacon strips. Dog treats? Bacon grease. But what if all of that isn't enough? Well, there is always baconnaise, which can turn any sandwich into a baconwich. Or bacon salt, which can replace Morton's for all purposes in life as far as I am concerned. Chocolate chip pancakes? No thanks, not without bacon. Going to the ballpark? Not without some bacon sunflower seeds. Want a hot dog while you're there? Hmmm... then you need some bacon jam for double the pork action!

There are dozens of ways to cook bacon. Not to go all Gump on you, but it can be fried, baked, microwaved, grilled, sauteed... Why, some folks even cook it in the waffle iron. If you're interested, there is even a book about it.

But is that enough? No. Because sometimes, even when you're not eating bacon, you need bacon. Like ducks need quacks, you need bacon. You want to bath in it, breathe it in, and wear it. Sure, you have issues, but it's bacon.
Have more bacon ideas? Why not send me a letter.

16 comments:

Vimineous said...

Seriously just plain awesome thoughts man! I think I found me a new seasoning... do you know if they ship bacon salt by the ton?

hideehogal said...

That bit (and the hot pockets bit) is one of Morgan's favorite standup routines. She has an unholy lust for bacon in all forms. Nothing is not made better by the application of bacon.

Ann said...

Thanks for the long-distance chuckle y bacongram rolled into one blog post. (Yay for the Ramblin Rover!)

gt said...

A traveling salesman stays overnight with a farm family. When the family gathers to eat there's a pig seated at the table. And the pig has three medals hanging around his neck and a peg leg. The salesman says, "Um, I see you have a pig having dinner with you."

"Yes," says the farmer. "That's because he's a very special pig. You see those medals around his neck? Well, the first medal is from when our youngest son fell in the pond, and he was drowning, and that pig swam out and saved his life. The second medal, that's from when the barn caught fire and our little daughter was trapped in there and the pig ran inside, carried her out and saved her life. And the third medal, that's from when our oldest boy was cornered in the stock yard by a mean bull, and that pig ran under the fence and bit the bull on the tail and saved the boy's life."

"Yes," says the salesman, "I can see why you let that pig sit right at the table and have dinner with you. And I can see why you awarded him the medals. But how did he get the peg leg?"

"Well," says, the farmer, "a pig like that--you don't eat him all at once."

Gary Wood said...

It is one of the greatest foods known to man.

Direction said...

Amen to Bacon. I love anything to do with breakfast, but bacon adds the perfect flavor to just about anything. I am physically fit and I know they say thin people can have high colesteral too. I eat eggs and bacon so often I feared my last doctors visit. Results came in and my arteries are free flowing. I knew a love so pure couldn't be bad.

Keep Eating that Bacon,

Jen

Cro Magnon said...

Bacon is the only 'sin' acceptable to Jews. A feast in all its forms.

Shahana Shafiuddin said...

I don't what is bacon, but nice to know how you are crazy about it.

Vietnamvet68 said...

bacon, bacon, bacon, someone sure loves bacon. Now I want a BLT

Inay said...

Hahahahaha! well sure the air smells it too.....
Bacon in fresh salad....perfect combination....huh...

Have a nice and healthy day....

YoungHundred said...

I love Gaffican man! He's one of the funniest comics out there right now!

http://talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/show/submission/detail/FJM6C5
Watch this video that i entered into the Ryan Leslie Music Production contest and vote for me! Tell me what you think!

Ominous_Anonymous said...

First, Jim Gaffigan.. HILARIOUS! Secondly, just recently i heard something about bacon in a chocolate bar. I havent actually looked into it but it sounds delicious! lol

knm said...

You are correct, Bacon is the super food!

Joey said...

My husband would get along with you just fine.

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Joey said...

You can make Bacon Pie!