Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wabbits...

Job hunting is depressing. I went through the second round yesterday with a marketing company. You know when you leave a store and there's this smiling man with a catchy table who is really excited to sell you a great deal on a fabulous savings package?

That's my job offer. In fairness, the products were legit and good deals. And the manager training me was a genuinely positive guy. But ambush marketing? Sure, I could do that. Do I want to? No.

This would be easier to turn down if any of my other prospects looked better. The jobs that actually appealed to me were filled without so much as a distant wave my direction.

The pressure I'm feeling is really self-imposed. I have income moving my way, and I've been a smart spender lately. But I'm a pretty typical man in that so much of my self-worth is pinned on my financial value to the family. I know, typical male ego...

A decent job is out there, but where? And how will I land it? I really want to own my own business, so I need to get into a business world of some sort. But how? And what? And why won't the breweries in town magically adopt me as their spokesdork?

4 comments:

duff said...

wait a minute- what happened to your budding career as an international male supermodel?

The Rover said...

Yeah, no one is willing to pay to look at me. Clothed or not.

duff said...

i would.....but only if you've got change for a five. :)

The Rover said...

What, not good enough for a fiver? Damn, that's cold...
True, but cold...