Saturday, June 14, 2008

Someone else's treasure?


So what is so special about this trashcan? After all, Sea World has hundreds of them throughout the park. They are in the standard pebbled-concrete enclosures. This one had a fine trash bag and lid. In fact, it was in most ways as natural as they come.

But apparently, this one is delicious. How do I know? Because I watched a two year old boy licking the concrete sides. Not just touching his tongue to it, but truly licking it. His face showed sublime ecstasy as he ran it repeatedly up the sides of this filth-sicle. No grimace of disgust, no hesitation, and no restraint. He licked it with passionate glee. God only knows where his parents were, though the scream that erupted from an angry mother moments later indicated that eventually they noticed Mommy's Little Angel was missing.

But really, all that I could grasp was:

HE WAS LICKING THE DAMN TRASH CAN.

4 comments:

duff said...

clearly, this is the sign of both an oral fixation and some sort of vitamin deficiency.

unless it was a cry for attention. somehow, i doubt my parents would have let my tongue touch a trashcan, no matter how tasty it looked.

Unknown said...

it's too bad you didn't manage to get a picture (or video) of the licking. that would have been beautifully disgusting. also, good evidence for natural selection...

The Rover said...

I thought about it, but since it wasn't my kid, I figured I'd respect the family and allow the evidence to remain unphotographed...

duff said...

did you ask if it tasted like chicken?