Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Reduce, reuse, recycle

The Goober Pea and I were on the way home from pre-school.

daughter: "Look! I have little fuzzies on my legs like you, Daddy."
me: "Yes, but yours are little and fine and blonde. Mine are thick and dark."
daughter: "Why?"
me: "Because I'm a big old daddy."
daughter: "Yeah, but not too old. We can still keep you."
me: "I'm glad."
daughter: "Yeah. Pretty soon you'll be too old and then we'll have to get a new daddy."
me: "No way! Only one old daddy for this family!"
daughter: "But when you are too old we will have to get a new one. OK?"


Does she know something I don't?

2 comments:

Vimineous said...

Hmmm.. I think yes she does.
Of course that could mean she is lookin for a boyfriend. Where is that beating stick, you may want to get it ready sooner than you thought.

Ashley said...

She probably realized that nursing homes exist and sees them as somewhat of a trading option. Too bad I didn't know about this when my dad was being over bearing.... It would have came in handy to know that I could trade him in for a newer model. Oh well.