Monday, August 10, 2009

Ursa Delicious

One of the recent challenges to parenting began with the movie Madagascar. In this movie, a lion is deprived of his zoo-provided steak, and begins to view his zebra friend as steak. This prompted a conversation with Miss Neverpoop.
  • daughter: Daddy, does steak come from zebras?

  • me: No, steak for us comes from cows.

  • daughter: No, daddy.

  • me: Really, honey. It is from cows that die for our food.

  • daughter: No, daddy, it is not a time for joking. We don't eat cows.

  • me: I'm not joking honey. That's why we are thankful for our food and we don't waste it. Our steak comes from cows.

  • daughter: Don't talk about cows daddy.

A few days pass, in which life progressed with its usual doll-dressings and poop-encouraging serenades on the toilet. I was working away at my research when my daughter saunters into the room. She has been playing chef with her favorite dolls, each seated around a pretend table set with tiny tea cups and plates. Panda is wearing a tutu.
  • daughter: Daddy, I made you a special dinner.

  • me: Wonderful, Monkey, what did you make?

  • daughter: I made you a bear meat sandwich.

  • me: A bear meat sandwich? What a new and delicious thing! I want to see!

  • daughter: Wait here, I will bring it to you.

Behold... a Bear Meat Sandwich...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is the most delicious looking sandwich i have ever seen. i'm so glad to know that Miss Neverpoop did not take the obviously PETA planted subliminal messages in Madagasgar and has instead gone for the ultra-carnivore route!!

Ms. Saranghae said...

it is so cute ... the conversation between you and your daughter is so cute as well ... It cheers my day ...