Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Social !!!!

What is flunk day? Tradition! Debauchery! Mid-day sex excuse!
At Coe College, where I once slung-a-da-ink, the student council has the power to cancel class one day of the year. At the crack of dawn, the school victory bell rings out over campus and the student council begins pounding the doors, announcing the glorious day that is flunk. Though most are aware the night before, when the student council ruins the surprise by being randomly intoxicated and jubilant with disregard for their next day's chores.
Kegs are tapped across campus, local dance clubs are commandeered, redneck waterpark/golfcart parks are overtaken, and OFUI's were given out for playing Ultimate (Operating a Frisbee Under the Influence).
Half of those days were gone to me, lost in student teaching (which knew no flunk) and organic chemistry lab (which continued sans professor). But the rest of the time was spent being silly with fraternity brothers and Southern Comfort.
Today is flunk day, my Kohawks. Quit working! Get some beer!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

here's to brother killmer,
brother killmer,
brother killmer!
here's to brother killmer,
who's with us to-day!
he whips it,
he beats it,
he ALWAYS mistreats it!
here's to brother killmer,
who's with us to-day!

SO DRINK (expletive deleted)

Vimineous said...

I don't know why I hadn't made the connection before, but I always get this feeling in the pit of my being around mid April that just seems to scream "TAKE THE DAMN DAY OFF!!!" I of course dismiss this thought since I am a diligent worker, and don't listen to whims. But it was this week that I finally got 2 and 2 put together. It wasn't a whim, it was my responsibility as a Kohawk Alum to participate in Flunk Day. So I now propose that from here on out the day after the student Flunk Day, shall be the alumni Flunk Day!!
So Drink (expletive deleted)
Drink (expletive deleted)
Drink (expletive deleted)
DRINK.... go, go, go, go...
YEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

duff said...

dammit- northwest never had anything like this....which could be why i don't reacall having any midweek, midday sex during my college career.

dangnabbit.